Our employment team strives to assist Veterans within our local communities in any way possible.
There is a wide variety of services available for our Veterans at VNOC that include but are not limited to resume writing, cover letter writing, interview preparation, providing interview dress, employer outreach, and referrals to other veterans services.
Homeless Veteran Reintegration Program (HVRP)
In this program, we assist and support homeless and at-risk veterans as they work to secure full time sustainable employment.
- Establishment of an Individual Employment Plan (IEP) that provides a step by step process for goal setting and achievement during their job search.
- Veteran centered support system that includes daily/weekly check-ins and bi-weekly face to face meetings.
- Career Enhancement Services: resume writing, job search assistance, and interview preparation.
- Funding toward related certificates, licenses, and training classes /workshops.
What are documents are required?
The following documentation must be provided to an HVRP staff member within 14 days of the HVRP intake to be considered for program participation.
i. DD214 Member Copy 4
ii. Letter of Homelessness (LOH)
iii. Resume and/or detailed list of work, education, training, and volunteer experiences
What if I am not qualified for the career I want?
During initial intake and weekly check-ins, discuss your interests with you employment specialist. The HVRP grant provides funds specifically for career advancement training. We also work alongside MassHire, which provides trainings as well.
What if I am not ready to work?
We understand everyone is on a different path. Our team uses an individual approach with every veteran. Whether it is a month or a few months before you anticipate you will be ready to work, we will meet with you and discuss how to best prepare you for your new career.
- DD-214 (Member–4 Copy) that indicates a discharge status other than dishonorable.
- Letter of Homelessness verifying housing status
- National Guard and Reservists: served at least 180 consecutive days of active duty under Title 10 orders.
o: (978) 372-3626
f: (978) 971-4005
10 Reed St.
Haverill, MA 01832
p: (978) 372-3626
40 Mechanic St Suite 101
Marlboro, MA 01752
224 North Broadway Unit E1D
Salem, NH 03079
p: (603) 824-3678
The Cape & Islands
p: (508) 488-8347
Veteran’s Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255
MA Dept of Veteran’s Services S.A.V.E. Team: 1-888-844-2838
Homeless Veteran Hotline: 1-888-866-2838